The church of Saint-Gervais, a Baroque masterpiece, was completely restored in 2016 as part of the European ALCOTRA programme. Nine contemporary stained glass windows, created by the artist Kim En Joong, were installed at this time.
The parish of Saint-Gervais was first mentioned in the 13th century. At the end of the 17th century, with the growth of the population and the condition of the medieval church, it was decided that a new church should be built. Thanks to a large donation from Nicolas Revenaz, a native of Saint-Gervais who was a trader in Vienna in Austria, it was built between 1696 and 1702. The bell tower is typical of the onion dome towers that can be found on a number of churches in the area from the 18th century onwards. At around 40 metres high, with five floors, it represents an important part of the history of the site. The four first floors are from the 14th century, while the upper part dates from the 18th and 19th centuries.
Apart from the 19th century geometric stained glass windows on the facade, the church also has windows created in 2016 by the Korean artist Kim En Joong.
Nous utilisons différentes méthodes, telles que les cookies, pour vous garantir la meilleure navigation possible sur ce site ou application. Ces cookies permettent de vous proposer des contenus et services personnalisés ainsi que d'en analyser le trafic pour améliorer votre expérience. En cliquant sur le bouton "tout accepter", vous consentez à leur utilisation. Vous pouvez changer d'avis et modifier vos préférences à tout moment à l'aide du bouton "Personnaliser mes choix".