Contemporary with the Priory founded by the Benedictines around 1085, it is made up of 3 parts corresponding to 3 periods and is listed in the supplementary inventory of historic monuments as one of the most original. Closed for renovation until December 2024.
A first building, of which the exact construction date remains unknown, is mentioned in Megeve from 1202. The 3 main parts of the church as it is now, date back to three different eras :
- the choir, late gothic style, dates back to the end of the XIVth century
- the nave was entirely rebuilt at the end of the XVIIth century
- the pre nave dates back to the 1870s.
The vaults, 1828, are decorated with paintings by the Italian artist Mucengo. The bulb-shaped bell tower was built in the XVIIIth century and partly rebuilt during the Sard Restoration. The Way of the Cross is the work of Gimel (1956). The stained-glass windows date back to 1959. The organ, inaugurated in 1842, is the work of the well known brothers Joseph and Claude Ignace-Callinet, members of a renowned tradition of organ builders who marked the pre-romantic era. Since its restoration in 2004, this magnificent instrument has recovered most of its original caracteristics.
Nous utilisons différentes méthodes, telles que les cookies, pour vous garantir la meilleure navigation possible sur ce site ou application. Ces cookies permettent de vous proposer des contenus et services personnalisés ainsi que d'en analyser le trafic pour améliorer votre expérience. En cliquant sur le bouton "tout accepter", vous consentez à leur utilisation. Vous pouvez changer d'avis et modifier vos préférences à tout moment à l'aide du bouton "Personnaliser mes choix".